Monday, October 6, 2008

7 habits

This is my very first attempt at blogging. As an "old dog trying to learn new tricks" I'm hoping that Nebraska Learns 2.0 will lead me gently into this technology age. After listening to the message in Thing 2, I can tell you my biggest challenge will be Habit 7 1/2 -- playing. There always seems to be too much else to do. But I'm sitting here "playing," knowing that the end of the year piles of bills for city hall and the paperwork required for tomorrow night's board meeting will still be there when I finish this. All in all, a good first step!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Hi Lauran, and welcome to Nebraska Learns 2.0. I think programs like this are designed with people who have trouble giving themselves permission to play (or who just don't have the time to do so) in mind.

Hopefully participating in something formalized and legitimized through the availability of CE credit lets you feel productive and justified while you play.

Best of luck!

Scout said...

Hi Lauran,
My desk frightens me. Every morning as I drive to work I develop the reoccurring goal that by the time I leave work my desk will be clear and tidy. This is the scary part…by the end of the day, though I’ve cleared and cleared, my desk has multiplied new things on its top! I understand how you feel about the piling up.