Monday, January 19, 2009

The end of the beginning

What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey? -- I think my two favorites were Delicious and the on-line apps. I tend to work at 3-4 different computers, and the portability factors appeals to me. The podcasts of things I've missed is a great service also.

* How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals? -- Online learning like this is a great assist to learning, but I think it would best work as a value-added part of face to face education.

* Were there any take-aways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you? -- I came into this so green, that probably everything surprised me ... perhaps most of all that I discovered the real value some of these tools have. It has also underscored the need our library has for someone who is excited to use these tools for the improvement of our service to patrons.

* What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept? --
Beats me.

* If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you again choose to participate?
I would certainly consider it!

No comments: